[3830] NA Sprint SSB W4NF HP

w4nf at aol.com w4nf at aol.com
Sun Feb 4 00:46:21 EST 2001

                     NA Sprint - SSB

Call: W4NF
Operator: W4NF
Station: W4NF

Power: HP
QTH:

   80:     76
   40:    106
   20:     69
----------------------
Total:    251 Qs   41 Mults =  10,291

Club/Team:

Comments:

I had my own QRM here at the house.  My daughter, Shannon, had her 16th
Birthday party from 7 - 11 local.  My wife said she didn't mind if I tried to
work the contest.  The air hockey table and about 25 teenagers were about 10'
from me in the basement.  With the music blaring and air hockey games going on
it was tough hearing.  More Qs but less mults, heard KL7, WV and UT but no
dice. 80 mtr dipole worked great and had a final hour of 76 on 80. 40 Mtrs had
40-2CD at 75', needed a lower dipole and probably could have got WV. On 20 had
C3E at 87' and that worked great.  Fast and furious, but had to take a couple
of breaks to fix the VCR for my wife and to track down kids that were exploring
out in the woods near the tower.  I had fun again and hope to someday break the
next barrier of 11K.  CU in the next contest, 73 Jack W4NF

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com