[3830] NAQP CW W6YX M/2

mikeh at airflash.com mikeh at airflash.com
Tue Feb 6 18:32:37 EST 2001

Yaesu FT1000MP, ICOM IC761, TR-Log 6.56
160M inverted vee @ 60'
80M inverted vee @ 60', 80M dipole @ 60'
40M 4 el KLM @ 60'
20M 6 el KLM @ 60'
15M 6 el Telrex @ 70', 5 el HyGain 155CA @ 30'
10M 6 el Telrex @ 70', 5 el HyGain 105CA @ 30'
KLM KT34XA @ 60', Mosley PRO67A @ 60'

Thanks to John, W6LD, for putting up some new lowband antennas.  With these and
other last-minute preparations we started 7 minutes late on one station and 20
minutes late on the other.  We did not seem to have a good antenna for 20
meters and were consistently beaten in pileups by our tribander-wielding local
brethren.  I'm sure we'll get our 205CA onto a low pole by next year to remedy
this.

This was our first effort in NAQP CW as a multi-2, so it was also a learning
experience.  Our biggest mistakes: starting late, not having a 3rd operator to
do spotting, not figuring out how to make 20 meters work for us, and not
passing mults between stations.  Note for next year: fix all of the above.

-Mike, N7MH

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com