[3830] NA Sprint CW W7UQ(KL9A) LP

kl9a at qsl.net kl9a at qsl.net
Sun Feb 11 00:00:36 EST 2001

                     NA Sprint - CW

Call: W7UQ
Operator: KL9A
Station: W7UQ

Power: LP
QTH: ID

   80:     44
   40:     88
   20:    144
----------------------
Total:    276 Qs   48 Mults =  13,248

Club/Team: SMC #3

Comments:

Well I thought I was doing pretty well until I worked N6MJ. :)  Good job to
everyone with the huge scores.  Tree... holy cow.  Big ol wow on that one.  My
best sprint yet, but TONS of room for improvement.  Operator not up to snuff,
and station not even close!  The 40/80m antenna is just some wire at about 50
feet going through a tuner.  I don't even know that it's resonant on a ham band
:)  I think the spring project will be to put up something that will work
better.  I felt pretty loud on 20 for 100w, so that was nice.  I wasn't in the
groove the first hour, and by the time I was, it was 0300z.  Missed VE7 and
ID... weird!  Heard W7ZRC early on 80m, but never worked him.  Then ran into
him the minute after the test. :)  Nice to work J38A, ZF2NT, and KL7Y though.
Thanks for the q's,
-Chris KL9A
http://www.qsl.net/kl9a
kl9a at qsl.net