[3830] ARRLDX CW M6T(G4PIQ) SOAB HP

g4piq at btinternet.com g4piq at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 20 20:23:02 EST 2001

                     ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: M6T
Operator(s): G4PIQ
Station: G4MRS

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:

  160:    165     36
   80:    353     46
   40:    782     58
   20:    587     56
   15:    827     59
   10:    858     57
----------------------
Total:   3572    312  =  3,340,584

Club: Martlesham DX & CG

Comments:

Rig : 	2 x FT1000MP + PAs
Ants : 	160m - Dipole @ 22m
	80m - Delta Loop @ 23m
	40m - 402CD @ 24m
	HF - TH5 @ 24m + A3 @ 26m
	120m Beverage

Great fun. Overall really pleased to get the score up from last year, although
this seems to be a general pattern. Had beaten last years score by the time
that I came to take a break on Sunday morning. Took the decision this year to
ignore the 2nd radio when the rate was above about 120/hour which I think
helped me to keep the rates up rather than bust calls 1st time a lot as I have
trouble copying weak ones in 1 ear.

Had some noise floor problems on many bands from the site, but especially on
160/80/15/10. Would be very interested in anyone who was calling and I could
work - especially the piles ups on my noise floors on 160 and 80. My sincere
apologies for this. I'd done what I could with careful Beverage placement and a
noise cancelling box, but I need to work at it some more.

Low bands seemed in really good shape, and although the high bands closed
earlier than last year, it doesn't seem to have hit the scores. Depths on 40m
amazing.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com