[3830] ARRLDX CW W4NF SOAB(A) HP

w4nf at aol.com w4nf at aol.com
Tue Feb 20 23:28:29 EST 2001

                     ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W4NF
Operator(s): W4NF
Station: W4NF

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: VA

  160:     49     36
   80:    151     59
   40:    315     76
   20:    534     94
   15:    530     88
   10:    713     90
----------------------
Total:   2292    443  =  3,046,068

Club: PVRC

Comments:

I continued to learn how to use the Force 12 C3E tribander stack and the other
antennas (40-2CD) and Inverted L on 160 and Vertical on 80 (both use the same
64 ground radials.  I found that I should have done a lot more running on the
high bands than chasing packet spots for common country Qs, but that is nice
when you are tired.  I'm still trying to break into the Top 10 in this category
but it will have to be next year.  Great conditions and a lot of fun.  Thanks
for the Qs.  73, Jack W4NF

saved

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com