[3830] ARRLDX CW OZ0X(OZ1AA) SOAB HP

oz1aa at qsl.net oz1aa at qsl.net
Wed Feb 21 13:40:34 EST 2001

Amp: Collins 30S-1
Antennas:
160: Ground plane + dipole
80: Ground plane + dipole
40: 2 elm @ 32 meter
20: 4 elm @ 30 meter
15/10: 3 elm duobander @ 15 meter

+ different RX ants...

Thanks a lot to Finn OZ7YY for the use of his nice station for the weekend. It
was the first time I operated with my new contest call OZ0X as I got the call
only a couple of days before the contest. Only a few did copy OZ1X or OZ9X so
it seems work OK.

I had a blast in the contest - especially in the first 24 hours where I made
1700 of the Q's! I had never dreamed about running US stations on 160 with a
last ten rate of 100 qso/hr, but now I have tried that also. All the other
bands also played extremely well during whole weekend.

During the 2nd night I started to fell asleep during the QSO's so sri if I
pushed the wrong key at times. It was also a pity that I had to stop operating
at 21Z on Sunday in the middle of a run on 20, but I needed to travel to my
home QTH and go to school on Monday. Anyway, it sure was my best contest so
far!

If anyone should be interested, more numbers and the complete log is available
here: http://www.qsl.net/oz0x/ardxcw.html

QSL for OZ0X is via LX1NO.

CU in the next contest.

Vy 73 de Thomas OZ1AA / OZ0X