[3830] RTTY Roundup K2NJ SOHP

Bill Inkrote k2nj at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jan 8 12:13:56 EST 2001

Call: K2NJ

Station: IC 761 > OLD OLD Heath SB220 (slightly melted)
Antenna: KT34XA > 70'  80M Zepp for 80/40

Class: SOAB HP  (if 350 watts is really HP)
QTH: NJ

   80:    80
   40:   120
   20:    204
   15:   262
   10:    284
----------------------
Total:   950 Q's - 117 Mult's    111,150 Claimed Score

Soap Box:

Nice rates on hot bands, PSK was big disappointment, lotsa CQ - few
takers, and had to explain what a contest was!!!...
STRONG eu signals on 80 and 40 really surprised me.  Great JA signals
with very little flutter (easy print) towards end of contest...

I suggest now that there are no more Novices (well, almost) that on 40m
the domestic QSO's should take place 7100 and above, leave the DX SSB
boys alone.

Had a 13 year old kid come over  (soon to be licensed) to watch, and
with him here it forced me to operate a lot longer Saturday night than I
usually do - I usually quit at 9pm or so... went past 11 (new record for
this old guy)..

Missed MT and DE, also VE1, VO and VY1/3
Three all-time new RTTY countries for me, so not a bad weekend.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com