[3830] N4PK NAQP CW

Paul E. Knupke, Jr. pk at ij.net
Sun Jan 14 21:29:03 EST 2001

                      2001 NCJ NORTH AMERICAN QSO PARTY

     Call used: N4PK                                           Location: FL

     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: CW              Power: 100W

     Callsign of Operator: N4PK

     band      QSOs      points    mults
     -----------------------------------
     160          0           0       0
      80         35          35      16
      40         34          34      25
      20         22          22      19
      15         26          26      17
      10         27          27      15
     -----------------------------------
     TOTAL      144         144      92      SCORE: 13,248

     Club or Team Name: Florida Contest Group #2

Just another one of this phone guy's foray into CW....   S&P almost
completely until at the end I got brave and called CQ a bit.   Set my keyer
at 20wpm and off I went.

When Ron, AHZed came up with the Chad concept, I was one of the first to
sign up even though CW is not by forte.   In a perversion of WC4E (aka N4AO)
favorite "Be the band.."  I had to participating in "Being the Chad."  (No
disrespect to WE9V - who I didn't work.)

I operated the first 90 or so minutes to the tune of about 30 Q's then took
a bit off to do a chore or two.  Went out to dinner and a movie with family
from about 5:15 to about 10:30 PM ET.   Got back on and worked all my 40 and
80 then.  No 160 antenna here so big fat goose-eggs there.

DX worked included: XE1/AA6XR, M0SDX (on 40) and PY2NY.

Worked VY1JA early on in the contest on 10 meters.  J was LOUD and I worked
him quickly.   Nice to not have to beat a pile up to work J.

10m was defiantly long.   15 and 20 were good but I didn't spend much time
on them.

I don't have high rates on CW, but doing 69Qs in about 2 hours is pretty
good for me.

Enjoyed the banter on 3830 afterwards.

Anyway - this phone op likes NAQP CW!   NAQP-CW is one of the few CW
contests I can get into.  Though this new N4PK callsign is great on CW!!!
Sure beats my old KR4YL.

CU all on next week the "phone" (tm) K4OJ.

73 N4PK
Paul (errr Chad)

Paul E. Knupke, Jr. - pk at ij.net
Largo, FL