[3830] NAQP SSB K4NO M/2

k4no at ispchannel.com k4no at ispchannel.com
Sun Jan 21 22:16:39 EST 2001

                     North America QSO Party - SSB

Call: K4NO
Operator(s): KA9EKJ, K4NO
Station: K4NO

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: AL

  160:     82     27
   80:    211     41
   40:    353     54
   20:    618     59
   15:     69     32
   10:     94     27
----------------------
Total:   1427    240  =  342,480

Club/Team: SouthEastern Contest Club

Comments:

For a guy who could get up to 1427 QSL cards in the mail this week...

First of all, Congrats to the K9NS team, VE6AO team and the other multis out
there.  There were some impressive Single op scores as well.  Multi op in the
NAQP SSB contest is the only way to do an SSB contest for a cw guy.

We had a few problems with the computer at station 2 locking up early on.  I
think computer 1 (on the 20 meter station where KA9EKJ worked almost everything
that had a signal on 20 meters) was laughing at it due to the "rate" I was able
to produce on 10 and 15 meters.  We took a major hit in Q's on 10, 15 and 160
from our winning score in Jan 1999 NAQP SSB Multi effort.  I was the op on
those bands so I get to fill out the QSL Cards.

THANKS to all the guys who moved for us.  Roger was moving them from 20 to
either 10 or 15 and we didn't have too much luck for whatever reason.  We were
much more successful moving guys from 40 to 20. I can't tell you how cool it is
to see the callsign of a station you just worked on 40 show up in the 20 meter
log a couple of qsos later.

Thanks and God Bless

Greg K4NO

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com