[3830] NAQP SSB N4GN M/2

n4gn at n4gn.com n4gn at n4gn.com
Sun Jan 21 22:28:41 EST 2001

                     North America QSO Party - SSB

Call: N4GN
Operator(s): N4GN, K9GX, KT4ZX
Station: N4GN

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: KY

  160:    152     36
   80:    358     49
   40:    258     54
   20:    306     62
   15:    102     37
   10:     78     22
----------------------
Total:   1254    260  =  326,040

Club/Team:

Comments:

This is a fun contest for a multi-op.  Thanks to K9GX and KT4ZX for coming over
and making a go of it!

Excuses:

1) My station is clearly not even close to being competitive as a multi-two.
The antenna for the second station is a ground-mounted all-band vertical.  I
can make some second radio Qs with it as a SO2R, but the thought of CQing with
that antenna on 10 or 15 would be laughable at a real multi-op station.

2) It's hard enough as a single op to find something productive to do here in
the first few hours of NAQP.  10 and 15 are open over your head, but we only
get some W6 types and the loud Chads in Florida.  In a M/2, it's even more
dreadful trying to put Qs in the log on TWO unproductive bands at the same
time.

Compare our line score to K9NS:

      160     80     40     20     15     10
K9NS 199/48 279/51 475/57  99/65 301/54 286/49
N4GN 152/36 358/49 258/54 306/62 102/37  78/22

It's like we were on two different planets!  Congrats to those guys for such
impressive results from the Black Hole!

Thanks also to K4WW and K4AT at WW4KY for the local challenge!

73,

Tim, N4GN
n4gn at n4gn.com

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com