[3830] CQ160 CW W2GD Multi HP

w2gd at hotmail.com w2gd at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 30 10:35:28 EST 2001

                     CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W2GD
Operator(s): W1GD, K2TW, W2CG, W2GD, W2NO, W2RQ, K8NZ
Station: W2GD

Class: Multi HP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 42

QSOs: 1135  States/Provinces: 56  Countries: 53  Score: 442,322

Comments:

QTH:  US Coast Guard Station, Sandy Hook, NJ (Monmouth County seashore location
with salt water in three directions)
This is a non-permanent station, set up Field Day style.

Station One: IC781/Alpha 87A/TS930 slave rx
Station Two: IC781/Alpha 76PA
Xmit Antennas:  Delta Loop with Apex at 195', broadside NE/SW, Delta Loop Apex
at 100' on a seperate tower, broadside East/West
RX Antennas:  2 ele 880' phased bev system toward NE/EU
Terminated 580' beverage West
Unterminated 880' beverage South/North
Unterminated 350' beverage Southwest
Unterminated 580' beverage Northwest
Unterminated 580' beverage East/West

Conditons clearly favored the stations with gain xmit antennas(W2FJ/K2TOP/W8JI,
etc.) at this point in the sunspot cycle, the difference between being heard or
not heard.  Over a dozen multipliers heard but not worked.  Frustrating.  Best
DX hour was 06-07Z first evening....nice run of 65 EU stations.

After spending alot of time tuning our beverages, they worked better than ever,
but sometimes we didn't cycle through all the directions quick enough to catch
everyone calling.

Our thanks to the U.S. Coast Guard for hosting our operation for the 7th year.
Since the building we operate from is scheduled for demolition, we are unsure
of our plans for 2002.

Congratulations to the teams at K2TOP, W8JI, W1FJ, KC1XX and the other multi's
for their excellent efforts.

73,  John  W2GD

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com