[3830] CQ160 CW DK8ZB Multi HP

DK8ZB at t-online.de DK8ZB at t-online.de
Tue Jan 30 17:54:05 EST 2001

                     CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: DK8ZB
Operator(s): DK8ZB+PACKET
Station: DK8ZB

Class: Multi HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 20

QSOs: 820  States/Provinces: 30  Countries: 61  Score: 412,776

Comments:

10 minutes before the contest started my matching network caught fire (with
20cm high flames). After putting out the fire, I needed 20 minutes to repair
it (new record).
The first night I wkd 69 stateside (only VE3,W1,2,3,8 and 9).
The work on the new beverage paid off and I could work almost all that called
me.  Sorry  about the others but the QRM in middle Europe is very high.
On the second night the condx were better and I wkd 78 stateside (as far as
New-Mexico). No Japan to be heard and a lot of multipliers
(XE1V,FM5BH,NP2S,P43P,VQ9PO,SU9ZZ,K0HA) did'nt hear me.
Stn:Phased vertikals full size TS950+PA, beverages

See u in ARRL CW!
73 de Barney DK8ZB, K8ZB

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com