[3830] K8MAD Field Day - 2A OH

Jimk8mr at aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Mon Jul 2 20:22:08 EDT 2001

Mad River Radio Club  -     K8MAD -  2A  -  Ohio

          CW        SSB
80        351       503
40        675       700
20        442       281
15        98        58
10        5         0
6         9         101
2         11        44
SAT       12        2

Total     1603      1709      3312 QSOS

9830 Points + 700 Bonus

Operators:   K8CC  K8MR  K8RM  KU8E  W8AJ  W8AV  K9NW

This was a good year, although in spite of generally good weather
a cluster of rain showers passed overhead during the night,
keeping our streak of rainy field days intact. The low bands were
quite quiet for summertime, which shows in our 80 meter numbers.
We had 2 KH6s call in on 80 cw, and worked EH7KW on 6 cw. OTOH we
had very little short skip on the high bands, which is necessary
to win from this part of the country.

The stations were set up for 40/15 at one station, 80/20/10 at
the other. HF antennas were all dipoles, up around 60 feet on
most bands, somewhat lower on 15 and 10. We had 4 elements on 6,
a 13B2 on 2, and a small 432 yagi for satellite work as our only
aluminum antennas.

Congrats to the FCG guys at NJ4M on their FB 2A score.

Jim  K8MR

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com