[3830] IARU N3AD M/S

n3ad at bellatlantic.net n3ad at bellatlantic.net
Sun Jul 15 19:14:25 EDT 2001

                     IARU HF Championship

Call: N3AD
Operator(s): LU9AY, N3AD
Station: N3AD

Class: M/S  Power: HP
QTH: PA

  160:      25        -        7
   80:      42        -       13
   40:     207        -       35
   20:     897        -       54
   15:     790        -       52
   10:      47        -       15
-----------------------------------
Total:    2008        0      176  =  1,279,000

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

First semi-serious M/S effort from here.  Hope to do many more in future. It
was a pleasure having Matt here.  Hope to do it again - hear that Matt.  The
station is not yet fully set up for M/S but we learned alot with this effort.
Everything worked well until the momentary power failure at 1155 which caused
us to have to reboot the computers and wait for the amplifiers to cycle.  Ended
up working two multipliers om ten meters in last five minutes barefoot.  LOL

I said to Matt after contest that I thought we did fairly well on Qs but I knew
we were down on mults. Both of us were very tired at start of contest from busy
week and working on station Friday night until about 1 AM.  At the end of
contest I felt more tired than I usually do after single op effort in 48 hour
contest.

All in all, it was great fun.  Thanks Matt.

de .................Alan/N3AD

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com