[3830] IARU VE7UF SO CW

ve7uf at home.com ve7uf at home.com
Mon Jul 16 05:18:14 EDT 2001

                     IARU HF Championship

Call: VE7UF
Operator(s): VE7UF
Station: VE7UF

Class: SO CW  Power: HP
QTH: Courtenay,

  160:
   80:      29                 9
   40:     261                27
   20:     459                61
   15:     232                40
   10:       8                 5
-----------------------------------
Total:     989        0      142  =  503,106

Contests that start at 5am are difficult for a night owl like myself.  It was
not worth sleeping for 2 hours before the contest start, so it was 42 hours
without sleep.  The contest started slow.  The Eu openings were late and not
good on 15.  10 was noisy with very poor propagation.  The low bands were also
noisy with poor propagation.  I still managed to make 261 qso's on 40 which was
a few more than on 15.   20 was the best band.  The equipment was perfect
except I forgot to string out the 160 meter antenna ground plane wires so I
couldn't honor the QSY requests to 160.  Not much activity from SA and the
Caribbean.  Worked very few Asia on 15.  This would have been a good contest
for 2 receivers.  I hope to try using 2 receivers next year.  My thanks to all
that called.
73 Duane Sandmeyer VE7UF

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com