[3830] IARU WP2Z(AG8L) SO Mixed

AG8L at arrl.net AG8L at arrl.net
Fri Jul 20 12:31:16 EDT 2001

                     IARU HF Championship

Call: WP2Z
Operator(s): AG8L
Station: WP2Z

Class: SO Mixed  Power: HP
QTH: US VI
Operating Time (hrs): 23:45

  160:      17        0        4
   80:      49       21       26
   40:     175       15       39
   20:     182      195       53
   15:     346      959       64
   10:     255       51       42
-----------------------------------
Total:    1024     1241      228  =  2,104,212

Conditions were disturbed at the beginning of the contest, but generally good
the rest of the way.  10 meters never really opened, but the HQ stations were
all loud and easy to work.  15 meters was open the entire contest, with a great
JA opening in the middle of the night.  Despite the noise on the low bands,
conditions were better than expected, and even on 80 cw where I could only
put out a 100 w signal (using a 75 meter dipole), I found most could hear me
ok.

Still plenty of room for operator and station improvement.  High heat and
humidity during the day Saturday made me wish for an air conditioner!

The station:
FT-920 Xcvr, AL-82 Amp, Force 12 beam, 40-2CD beam, dipole for 160 and 75
meters.

73, Dave AG8L

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com