[3830] NAQP RTTY AE9B SO

tombaugh at discoverynet.com tombaugh at discoverynet.com
Mon Jul 23 19:45:13 EDT 2001

                     North America QSO Party - RTTY

Call: AE9B
Operator(s): AE9B
Station: AE9B

Class: SO LP
QTH: MO

   80:     26     17
   40:     82     36
   20:    123     42
   15:     70     31
   10:      7      5
----------------------
Total:    308    131  =  40,348

Club/Team: SMC WEST

Comments:

After attending a hamfest in the morning and returning with a friend. I fired
up the radio and started a rather casual contest talking to my friend and
explaining this as they arose. With the internet up and while retreiving Emails
I checked the Records to find that the Missouri record was relatively low
scoring 14,348 pts. By this time I was a couple (maybe three)hours into the
contest and had about 100 "Q's" I thought ..... hey I should be able to beat
this one...hum... so I proceeded a little more enthusiastically and ended with
40,348 pts.. A NEW MISSOURI RECORD !!! Well...WA0SXV scored 322X142=45,724 I
dojn't know if he knows it but... he MAY be the owner of the new Missouri
Record.. of course there may be some sandbaggers lingering too. Congratulations
Mike and anyone else that enjoyed the contest. Thanks as always for the "Q's"
TOM ** MO

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com