[3830] WPX CW ZK1EFD(DL1EFD) SO(TS)AB LP

dl1efd at rrdxa.de dl1efd at rrdxa.de
Fri Jun 1 11:01:34 EDT 2001

                     CQWW WPX - CW

Call: ZK1EFD
Operator(s): DL1EFD
Station:

Class: SO(TS)AB LP
QTH: Rarotonga

  160:      0
   80:      0
-------------------------------
Total:   1769 x    598  =  3,451,656

Club: RRDXA

Comments:

Rig: TS850S, max Output 100W
Ant: Butternut HF9V Vertical (does this qualify as TS?)

I had had ten days to learn about condx from South Cook
but still my strategy did not work out. I had never
managed to stir up a pile-up on 10m before, but in the
contest that band was working very well. On 20m on the
other hand, rates were rather low during the contest and
it was nearly useless during the early mornings (local).
Also 40m was more difficult than I had hoped for. All in
all about 400 QSOs and 100 Multipliers less than planned,
but with most QSOs being 3/6-pointers the score is still
not too bad, I guess. I had much fun anyway.

73 Carsten, DL1EFD

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com