[3830] WPX CW FO8DX(W1HIJ/6) SOAB LP

w1hijcw at aol.com w1hijcw at aol.com
Sat Jun 2 12:18:56 EDT 2001

                     CQWW WPX - CW

Call: FO8DX
Operator(s): W1HIJ/6
Station:

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: OC067

  160:      0
   80:     45
-------------------------------
Total:   1345 x    478  =  2,286,274

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Operated from FO5IW's on Mai Moana Island in Bora Bora's lagoon. Great Time in
first ever "contest dxpedition". 10M finally came alive for me on Sunday
morning. I also discovered just how far from everywhere French Polynesia is.
Nice runs to Europe on 15. Couldn't compete on 20 with the high power guys.
Antennas were classic 3 el trap tribander and Butternut HF2V, both mounted over
salt water, out in lagoon. Transceiver was my now well traveled FT990. More
details in a longer post in a few days. TNX for all the Q's, 73, Bill W1HIJ/6

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com