[3830] ARRLDX CW VA3UZ SOAB LP

va3uz at rac.ca va3uz at rac.ca
Fri Mar 2 16:11:01 EST 2001

                     ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VA3UZ
Operator(s):
Station: VA3UZ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: ON

  160:
   80:     77     37
   40:    142     56
   20:    241     70
   15:    240     66
   10:    355     73
----------------------
Total:   1055    302  =  954,018

My daughter's birthday and other family commitments didn't let me to go
anywhere for this contest and since my own station is still under construction
I decided first not to do this contest at all, but then, 30 minutes before the
contest start I erected my AP8A 8-band vertical in the backyard. Just to see
what can be done with 100 watts and this kind of antenna. The actual power
varied from 5 (min. power of my TS940S) to 100 watts depending on band and time
of the day 'cuz there was high S.W.R. on 40, 15 and 10 meters which cuased some
RFI to computer and telephone line. Anyways, not too bad for part time and no
beam. And some guys have really great ears!
RIG: TS940S/AT Ant: AP8A on the ground. MFJ tuner. No packet.
See you in the phone contest!

de Yuri VA3UZ

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com