[3830] ARRL DX SSB K4TCG@NY4T M/S LP

ny4t ny4t at home.com
Sun Mar 4 18:20:52 EST 2001

This has been one of the best contest weekends in memory.  Propagation
seemed better than the numbers indicated and participation was high.
This contest marked my first time to work BV, VR2 and VQ9 on any band.
Our goal to beat was my previous high SO LP score (which was a section
winner) of 529X236= 373K.  We beat that record
with almost exactly 24 hours to go.  Special thanks to Ron, N4LKE, for
racking up an uncommon number of QSO's on the graveyard shift and Linda,
KF4GKN, for her usual support activities.  In addition to our operators,
we had the following visitors: N4KCH, AD4QP, NF4G and
NW4Q.....uh...KF4RKV too if you can count her : )

                              ARRL DX SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 03-Mar-01, 04-Mar-01

    Callsign Used : K4TCG (operated at NY4T)
        Operators : NY4T W4IV N4SSD KE4KMG N4LKE W1ADE KR4FO KF4AIG

         Category : Multi/Single (Low Power)

 Default Exchange : RS TN

             Name : Richard L. Hall
          Address : 2526 Wellington Place
   City/State/Zip : Murfreesboro, TN 37128
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : Tennessee Contest Group

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Countries

   80SSB       4           4         12         4
   40SSB      52          52        156        37
   20SSB     213         212        636        61
   15SSB     218         218        651        78
   10SSB     338         338       1014        93

 Totals      825         824       2469       273

    Final Score = 674037 points.

Icom 761
Heil HMM-IC mic
W2IHY 8 band equalizer
MFJ432 Keyer

Antron 99 @ 30'
260' wire loop @ 25-60'
80M dipole at 25-40'

No towers, no amps.

It was fun activating the club call for the first time...thanks, Kirk.
It is a little bunglesome but
the "Germany" at the end helps sometimes.

By the way, I am thinking about changing my call to QRZ and suing all
the people
who are constantly bootlegging it.  You know who you are.

73,
Lee (NY4T)

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com