[3830] ARRLDX SSB W4NF M/S HP

w4nf at aol.com w4nf at aol.com
Mon Mar 5 15:52:03 EST 2001

                     ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W4NF
Operator(s): W4NF, W4MFM
Station: W4NF

Class: M/S HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs):

   40:      6      5
   20:    100     43
   15:     38     22
   10:    365     52
----------------------
Total:    509    122  =  186,294

I had a bad cold and too many commitments (hockey games, the Caps finally beat
Pittsburgh, etc.) to do this one seriously, so my son, Sean and I just played
on the radio when we felt like it.  I had a great run on Sunday morning on 10
with 90 Qs from 1130Z to 1200Z and then the next hour I had my best hour ever
(from home that is, running at VP2M was much faster) 173 Qs.  It was great fun.
 Sean continued to learn the functions of NA (point and shooting packet spots,
switching between the triband stack and the fixed SE A3 for SA stations).  He
is having a good time.  On Friday night he stayed up until 1AM local woking
spots on 20 meters.  Great fun for a 13 year old and a 41 year old for that
matter.  73 and we will CU in the next one, Jack and Sean, W4NF and W4MFM,
respectively.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com