[3830] ARRLDX SSB YV5LIX SOSB/20 LP

yv5lix at cantv.net yv5lix at cantv.net
Tue Mar 6 22:52:10 EST 2001

                     ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: YV5LIX
Operator(s): YV5LIX
Station: YV5LIX

Class: SOSB/20 LP
QTH: VENEZUELA

   20:   1544     58
----------------------
Total:   1544     58  =  268,656

Club: NONE

Comments:

I must admit that I was some what disappointed because I didn't have the time
to finish the repairs in the linear, so I decided not to operate at all since
80 meters was my target this year; but Friday, since the XYL was not going to
be at home during the weekend, I decided to give it a try of working 20 meters
Low Power, and man was I for a big surprise, I ended up with 1,544 valid QSOs,
58 states/provinces and 268,656 points, and worked the WAS in one weekend. It
was more that what I expected from  only 100 watts, and it was a lot of fun to
have to fight with the KWs to be able to remain in one frequency. What a fun
weekend. Thanks every one for being there. By the way, two of the US hams that
also posted their comments, N2GA and NM2G are in my log. Hope to see you all
during the WPX.

73/DX from Jose M. Valdes R. YV5LI

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com