[3830] WPX SSB WK4R(K4XS) SOSB40 HP

cqtestk4xs at aol.com cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Sat Mar 24 21:59:05 EST 2001

                     CQWW WPX - SSB

Call: WK4R
Operator(s): K4XS
Station: WK4R

Class: SOSB40 HP
QTH: fl

-------------------------------
Total:    798 x    425  =  1,000,025

Club: FCG

Comments:

Aggggh! I originally was going to do an all band effort, but conditions looked
really crummy on the upper bands.  It looked like a pretty boring weekend, so I
decided to see if a US station could make a serious attack on the 40m plaque
for first place world wide.  With a 4 over 4 stack at 200 over 90 I actually
thought I might have a chance.  WRONG!  What a miserable weekend. Too bad very
few casual contesters outside the USA listen up in the WPX contest.  Too bad
40m is a huge wasteland from 1200Z through 2100Z during the day and the pig
farmers refuse to give you a contact.  Most of all too bad we are second class
citizens in the RF world of 40m and are forced into the ghetto of 7150 through
7300.  Some day we will have equal rights on 40 m.  At 0130Z Saturday night I
had enough, and quit at 1,000,025 on the scoreboard.  The European stranglehold
on the 40m plaque is safe from any further attacks from me.  Never again!

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com