[3830] WPX SSB K3WW SOAB QRP

k3ww at fast.net k3ww at fast.net
Sun Mar 25 19:35:25 EST 2001

                     CQWW WPX - SSB

Call: K3WW
Operator(s): K3WW
Station: K3WW

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: PA

  160:      0
   80:      9
   40:     14
-------------------------------
Total:    872 x    493  =  1,118,124

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Decided to give the family a break from noise around the house and wend QRP..
Ate all meals with the family and did some expected chores.  Still 36 hours
gives you plenty of time to sleep.
SORRY K1DG, I think you stuck with me the longest to get the call.
Hardest thing was hearing tons of loud W1 and 2 mults and not being able to
work
many of them.  A few guys with great ears and patience pulled me through.
Most CQed in my face.  Fortunately most of the DX was in my range.
Under 10 stations answered my numerous CQs.. 2 asked me to move, and lots
ASKED if the FREQ was in use, then called on top of me.
I used 2 radios while running (2 in a row once) and to check to see what
the other bands were doing, but S/P no big advantage.
Did this one on CW once QRP... now have done phone... something about life
being too short, but it does save time on the QSLing.
I think a few guys heard how weak I was and shut down for the weekend, assuming
that if I was that weak, conditions must be really bad.

73 Chas K3WW

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com