[3830] WPX SSB N0KE(@WB0GAZ) SOAB QRP

pfkski at vail.net pfkski at vail.net
Mon Mar 26 09:29:46 EST 2001

                     CQWW WPX - SSB

Call: N0KE
Operator(s): N0KE
Station: WB0GAZ

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: CO

  160:      2
   80:     12
   40:     27
-------------------------------
Total:    882 x    472  =  1,000,640

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters

Comments:

Station at WB0GAZ south of Denver CO. C49XR @ 15m, 3 el each band 5 band Force
12 @ 10m, 2 el 40 @ 20m, 80/160 inverted V apex 12m. HF6V. FT1000MP at 5w. CT
5.53.
Condx were better last year to EU and JA. My NA% was up 5% so guess I was
working a lot more 1 pt QSOs. My average pts/QSO dropped from 2.6 to 2.4. The
C49XR is so sharp that with QRP I found it necessary to be sure I was pointed
at the right part of Europe to make many QSOs. Sure nice to have a 2nd
tribander on a separate tower.
I broke the 1 million pt mark with my last QSO! I'm sure I won't still be there
after the log checking! I'd made three more QSOs in the closing minutes with
stations that were just signing QRZ (no call) so I called and worked them but
all three turned out to be dupes!
HIGHLIGHTS; working A61AJ and 9X9K back to back in 3 minutes on 20m plus
working HS0AC on 15m at 1830z. A61AJ never got my complete call on 15. Sunday
afternoon some of the EU stns were very strong on 10 and 15 and it made QRP
feel like a KW.15m was still open to EU as the contest closed.
THANKS: To Dave WB0GAZ and his soon to be XYL Debra for allowing me to use the
station while they were gone for the weekend skiing. Thanks to my boss at the
Vail Ski School for letting me have the time off at a very busy time of year
(I'll need to buy him some more cold 807's). Thanks to all the stations that
took the time to dig out my QRP signals.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com