[3830] WPX SSB K0UK SOSB10 LP

ukbrown at aol.com ukbrown at aol.com
Mon Mar 26 12:32:24 EST 2001

                     CQWW WPX - SSB

Call: K0UK
Operator(s): K0UK
Station: K0UK

Class: SOSB10 LP
QTH: mobile
Operating Time (hrs): 7hrs

   10:     31
-------------------------------
Total:     31 x     30  =  1,440

Club: GRAND MESA CONTESTERS AND DX SOCIETY

Comments:

Mobile is both fun and humbling especially using my high tech, low buck set up.

IC706 with a cb antenna and tuner..Radio is hooked up to cigeratte lighter
plug. Thus running about 30 watts.  Cannot run anymore power than that due to
the power hook up..
The contest started and found us just about 140miles east of Reno, Nv. 10mtrs
was some what open but finding contacts that could hear me was the
problem..Many excellent signals but with my high tech, low buck set up it was
interesting to get cq'ed in the face.
The band closed just about the time we got to Reno. I tried several JA but most
just cq'ed in ME FACE MAN which again is a humbling experience.
Saturday and Sunday was about the same. The stations that I thought would hear
me were listening to EU. Never did work a SA station...
Sunday we drove down to see W6ANR ,Dave,in Sunnyvale, Ca. We made some contacts
as K0UK and gave out some K7VT/moblie club call.  The xyl WB0QAA did the
logging on the laptop computer but even she said, Hey Bill why dont you really
set up a better mobile, it might make your disposition better..Oh, I get to
spend some money. Well, How much, You know the drill..So maybe I will have a
better signal next year and maybe a few more contact on other bands.
We had fun, met some great folks on 10mtr with excellent ears and had fun on
the W6CX repeater 147.060 near the bay area.
Thanks for those who tried to pull me through and those who did...Keep
contesting and having fun..PTL and God Bless, bill brown K0UK/K7VT.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com