[3830] CQ WW WPX SSB S50C SO/10m HP Assisted

Tea Gubensek tea.gubensek at helios.si
Thu Mar 29 11:26:52 EST 2001

CQ WW WPX SSB SCORE FROM S50C, op S53CC

SO/10m HP, Assisted

QSO       1795
PTS        2689
MULT    741
Score      3.474.549

Rig: Ft 1000mp, 1.5 KW, 5 over 5el yagi @14 and 21m

Coments:

Conditions was rather poor. NA started late on Saturday with FL, NC, GA
stations and no real W1, W2 and other states. Latter in the afternoon
propagation improve, but 10m band faild out very quickly in the evening
with no SA opening. QSO nummber after 1.st day was around 1280 QSO, with
bether expectations for the second day. Second day started slower.
Signals from JA was strong, but the acctivity was probably poor. QSO
number was groving  slow. There was big QSO rate hole between JA closing
and NA opening. NA signals was down again with exeptions of few stations
(south USA), which realy move my S meter. Ussual big gun signals was
quite down from normal. In the evening signals from NA and all others
come exclusively from SA direction.

The big sun activity mess the propagations again. From my point of view,
whole aurora and K index stuf efected much more on path bettwen EU and
NA then on path bettwen JA and USA.

73 , Boris , s53cc

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com