[3830] GU0SUP - SOAB Volta

Phil Phil
Sun May 13 18:27:17 EDT 2001

Hi one and all.............

Well, I couldn't spend much time this year due to other commitments, but
managed about 5 hours today (Sunday).
Propagation was very poor generally, although I did manage to work JA1BWA
and ZL2AMI on 20m!!! Also bagged W4WX/C6A for a new one, but I think he may
have logged me as GU0SAP! Thanks to a couple of SP's, I couldn't see
properly, and they didn't give me the chance to correct him.
Ten and 15 metres were hard going, but it paid to check those bands
frequently.
Only saw and worked two USA stations: W1ZT and W4OX. Both were very good
signals here at the time I worked them. ZL2AMI was still a good signal here
well into the morning so I guess he was at the ZL6QH site.

The shortage of W's meant that the mults were low this time for me, hence
the low score.

Anyway, here is what I managed in 5 hours:

VOLTA RTTY DX   2001

Call used: GU0SUP
Location:  Guernsey

Entry Class: Single Op, All Band

Band    QSOs      Pts     Mults
80          0           0          0
40          0           0          0
20         58        346       29
15          23         82       20
10          10         90        9
___   ______ ________ _____
Total     91        518       58

* - Total QSOs does NOT include dupes

Intercontinent DX on 4 bands: 0

--------------------------------------

Claimed Score: 2734004
=======================================
Software: RTTY by WF1B  v5.02

Power Output: 60 watts

"I have observed all competition etc etc

Date ___/___/___  Signature ____________________________Call __________

Phil Cooper
1 Clos au Pre
La Hougue du Pommier