[3830] NX5M 50MHz Sprint

Robert Pack RP at mhdinc.net
Mon May 14 16:51:52 EDT 2001

                                             50Mhz Sprint 2001

Call Used:  NX5M
Operators:   NX5M
Station:      NX5M

QSOS   MULTS              Score
   90         42                    3,780

I had never operated ANY VHF contest until this one.
Finally went out to the shack about 30 minutes after the contest had started.  My goal was to just make a few contacts.   Next thing I knew there were thunderstorms moving in from the SE so I ended up having to shut down after just an hour of operating.  I was able to salvage the last 30 miutes after the storms had passed.
The high antenna was only good for about 10% of the total qsos made....just as expected.
Rig: Yaesu FT 620B  (10w)
Antenna:  5 element at 90 feet, 3 element at 30 feet

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com