[3830] WPX CW K7RE SOAB QRP

bkassel at dancris.com bkassel at dancris.com
Mon May 28 15:30:04 EDT 2001

                     CQWW WPX - CW

Call: K7RE
Operator(s): K7RE
Station: K7RE

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: AZ

  160:
   80:      1
   40:     45
   10:     75
-------------------------------
Total:    656 x    384  =  545,664

Wow, what a contest! 20 years ago I NEVER would have accepted the fact
that a QRP station, with just mediocre antennas, could be so competitive
and still have loads of fun.

I wound up with 73 UNIQUE countries worked in a weekend, and still got
enough sleep! QRP DXCC has come from a years-long struggle to one that
can be achieved in a few weekends of contesting. About 99% of the QSO's
were search and pounce, although I had a station in the Philippines
answer one of my CQ's on 10 meters.

  It would seem that 15M was the band of choice here.  10 meters was
only marginally open, and 20 meters never came close to holding the
strong, large number of DX stations that 15 did.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com