[3830] CQWW SSB KL7RA M/M HP

kl7ra at blizzard.gcgo.nasa.gov kl7ra at blizzard.gcgo.nasa.gov
Thu Nov 1 12:44:00 EST 2001

                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): KL7RA & K7JA, K5ZO, N1TX, W5GN, AL7AF, AL7MU, KL7AC, KL7TC, KL7XD, NL7Y
Station: KL7RA

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Alaska

  160:      3      3      3
   80:     52      9      6
   40:    644     65     26
   20:   1659    142     38
   15:   4100    164     39
   10:   3686    147     38
-------------------------------
Total:  10144    530    150  =  17,031,280

Club/Team:

Comments:

WOW!! A little over 30 hours of propagation for us, almost 8 hours more
then last year, made this one fun. The irony, of course, is you work
harder for 10 Q's a hour then 250+. Everyone in the group had a chance
to work the big runs and mults were easy to "pop". Twenty never really
opened well and we had very few "good" hours on 40. 80/160 was a total
bust. Want to thank Lloyd, K5ZO, who helped build this station, for
coming up for the last Multi-Multi. Arctic propagation doesn't support
these efforts much past this time. Barry, W5GN, from warm Texas,
braved the -25C temps and wolves for a third run and has been totally
assimilated into this Alaskan group even though he comes from such
a tiny state. Special guest star was Chip, K7JA, who is as good as
everyone says he is, probably better, and made the rest of us look
completely imcompetent. Chip can go anywhere in the world to
operate and I thank him for picking our station. He knew the aurora
risk but came anyway. Thanks Chip.

73 Rich KL7RA

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com