[3830] ARRL SS CW K2KW(@N6XG) SO HP

k2kw at prodigy.net k2kw at prodigy.net
Sun Nov 4 10:48:17 EST 2001

                     ARRL Sweepstakes, CW

Call: K2KW
Operator(s):
Station: N6XG

Class: SO HP
QTH: SCV

   40:     89
   20:     94
-------------------------------
Total:    500 x     76  =  76,000

Club: NCCC

Comments:

Thanks to Walt, N6XG and his wife Liz for inviting me down to play at thier
fine home and station.  I usually don't get on for SS, but I got on for a few
hours to help the club effort.  Since this is the first SS I've done in years,
I got off to a shakey start... To let you know how long it's been since I
operated SS:  after I did a band change, I went to work a few people on the new
band and they all told me I was a dupe.  No way, as I was fresh meat on this
band.  I was convinced that CT was busted since it was showing dupes when I
hadnt worked them on that band.  Duh!  You can only work each station once in
SS.... (I told you it's been a long time!)

I thought I was doing horrible (I was), but after a few hours I realized I
wasn't too far off from other locals.  I was shocked!  The only explanation I
can think of was poor activity.  Murphy struck a bit later when the RX went
dead and the amp tripped and showed high VSWR.  After some troubleshooting,
Walt found the right angle connector on the back of the amp was bad (it was
open!).

All in all, a good time.

Kenny K2KW

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com