[3830] ARRL SS CW N2GA SO LP

George Tranos n2ga at aol.com
Mon Nov 5 10:58:00 EST 2001

                     ARRL Sweepstakes, CW

Call: N2GA
Operator(s): N2GA
Station: N2GA

Class: SO LP
QTH: NLI

-------------------------------
Total:    991 x     79  =  156,578

Club: YCCC / OBONY

Comments:

Missed Maritime - only heard them once but they were calling another station.
For some reason, Sweepstakes seemed almost painful for me this year.  There is
certainly something to be said for being able to work stations on more than one
band.

One poor operating practice continued with stations starting to CQ without
asking if the frequency was in use.  With a long exchange such as SS, not
asking first is inexcusable.  The previous practice of asking for 'SEC?' first
seems to have disappeared, hopefully for good.

That said, I am still amazed at the skill levels of most of the operators!

CU in SSB, probably from WM2V multi-op.

73, George

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com