[3830] ARRL SS CW N4KG SO QRP

N4KG at JUNO.com N4KG at JUNO.com
Mon Nov 5 13:34:53 EST 2001

                     ARRL Sweepstakes, CW

Call: N4KG
Operator(s): N4KG
Station: N4KG

Class: SO QRP
QTH: ALA

  160:
   80:     36
   15:     60
   10:     16
-------------------------------
Total:    432 x     78  =  67,392

Club: Missed Mississippi (and LAB) Club

Comments:

First SS in years.  My original intention was to pass out a few Alabama
multipliers and go for a QRP Sweep.  Six hours later, I had 213 Q's and 69
sections, all search and pounce.

Sunday morning quickly brought in RI, NLI, OK, VT, PQ, and NNY for 75 sections.
 I spent the morning chasing VO1WET around 15M but could never get his
attention or attact him with a CQ.  Middle afternon found ME, MAR, and WYO for
78.

I spent several HOURS hunting for, but never finding, MISSISSIPPI.
I could have driven there and back, twice, in that same time !

THANKS to all the Canadians for your participation!  Several active stations
from VE2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7.  VY1JA had a good signal on 10 through 40M, as did
KL7Y.  I never did find a VO station CQing.  So it goes.

Where did all those QRP'ers come from ! ?  Great signals from several of you.
Now I have a better feel for how my QRP signal sounds in contests.  Very
interesting what 5 watts will do.

Had I known propagation would be so good, I would have made this a serious QRP
entry.  The E-layer MUF was over 14 MHz all day with good 20M signals from
close in stations in KY, TN, NC, SC, and GA so I still can't believe I missed
Mississippi !

Tom  N4KG / QRP  in  ALA,  60 miles East of MS, 20M South of TN

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com