[3830] CQ WW SSB L21I SOSB 15M

Claudio Fernandez cgfernandez at comnet.com.ar
Wed Nov 14 16:27:38 EST 2001

                          CQ WORLD WIDE DX CONTEST -- 2001
=20
              Call:          L21I
              Category:  Single Operator
              Power:      High Power
              Band:        Mono 15
              Mode:      SSB
              Country:   Argentina
              Zone:       13
=20
               15     3857    11392     2.95     38     151
=20
=20
             Totals   3857    11392     2.95     38     151  =3D>  =
2,153,088
=20
=20
=20
        All reports sent were 59 13, unless otherwise noted.
=20
        Equipment Description: Icom IC-781, Alpha 78
=20
        Operator: Claudio Fernandez LU7DW
=20
        Antennas:
        6 elements Yagi @ 30 meter
        15 elements Quagi @ 18 meter fixed to EU
        6 elements Yagi @ 24 meter fixed to USA
        6 Elements Delta Loop @ 18 meter fixed to JA
=20
        Comments: After a lot of work during Thursday and Friday =
installing new antennas
         for 40, 20 & 10  meter, under a hot sun and warm temp of 33 =
degrees Celsius (at
         Friday evening my skin turned red as a shrimp) trying to work =
the contest all band,
         3 hours before the contest start, the 20 meter 5 elements yagi's =
rotor stuck NW,
         also the 2 x 10 meter's antennas didn't work very well,  by the =
way, I take a shower,
         a little rest and decide work 15 meter only.... Bad choice, =
nobody in 15 (everybody
         was in 10 meter), bad propagation from SA and heavy lightning =
storm,
         made a contest headache during all the weekend.
         The high point was analyze, all the station's weak point for an =
SO2R AB operations.
        (WPX SSB 2002 maybe)
         The low point, the long delay in the return to my home flight =
(LU1IV's is=20
         900 km from my home), made me a BIG problem with my boss, =
because
         I promise my return on early Monday morning, but appear on my =
office
         around 3PM.
        Many Thanks again to LU1IV for his hospitality.
=20
        Club Affiliation: LUCG
=20
=20