No subject

Sean Kutzko kx9x at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 18 19:20:42 EST 2001

ARRL SWEEPSTAKES -- 2001

       Call:      KX9X
       Category:  Single Unlimited
       Power:     Low Power
       Band:      All Band
       Mode:      SSB
       Section:   IL

       BAND     QSO    QSO PTS   SECTIONS

       160        0        0        -
        80      155      310        -
        40      208      416        -
        20      148      296        -
        15      136      272        -
        10       73      146        -
      -----------------------------------

      Totals    720     1440       80

                Score:  115,200

Power Output: _100_ watts     Hours of operation: _14_

Equipment Description:
Icom 745, W9XT contest card, 3-el yagi @ 72', 40m
slopers @70', 80m inverted vee @65'. Tnx NO9Z for the
486 pc.

Club Affiliation: Society of Midwest Contesters

This is to certify that in this contest I have
operated
my transmitter within the limitations of my license
and have
observed fully the rules and regulations of the
contest.

                              Signature ________Sean
Kutzko KX9X_________________________

            MAILING ADDRESS:

                Sean Kutzko  KX9X
                2564 Cr 1700 North
                Ogden, IL 61859

Soapbox:

This will be a weekend we all talk about for a very,
very long time. For a one weekend, all the planets
aligned and the propagation gods were generous beyond
imagination. Did you ever expect to be able to have
the opportunity to work DX on 2 meters, 6 meters, a
station in North Korea, and all of this during a major
contest?  I'll certainly not forget it any time soon.

I usually run this one QRP, but I knew I'd be torn
from a full-bore effort because of al lthe enhanced
VHF prop, so I went unlimited so I could maximize my
score for the SMC Effort. Thanks to all the SMC'ers;
there were a lot of us out there!!

  I scored more that I would have by going QRP and had
fun on 8 bands all in 48 hours. I also got KH6 on 6m
for my 50th state. Just crazy, crazy stuff! Oh, yeah,
I slept from 0500-0800z Sunday, so it wasn't so bad.
:)

Last mult was VY1MB on 15m.

Kudos to KL7Y for an amazing QRP effort. If he doesn't
win QRP this year, I'll be amazed.

Okay.. I think I might actually be sick of radio for a
litlewhile.. I'm so full of DX I feel like the
Thanksgiving turkey before the slaughter.

73 everybody. Go get some sleep and think back on what
an amazing weekend this was.

73,

Sean

=====
Sean Kutzko, Amateur Radio KX9X
Ogden, Illinois     Grid EN60ac
Visit me on the web at: http://hobbes.ncsa.uiuc.edu/sean

"Maybe you'll find your way someday, but while you're at it, you'll have
some fun." --Lowell George