[3830] ARRL SS SSB W4EF SO HP

w4ef at dellroy.com w4ef at dellroy.com
Mon Nov 19 01:33:19 EST 2001

                     ARRL Sweepstakes, SSB

Call: W4EF
Operator(s): W4EF
Station: W4EF

Class: SO HP
QTH: LAX

  160:
   80:     46
   40:     75
   10:     54
-------------------------------
Total:    460 x     77  =  70,840

Club: SCCC

Comments:

Rig: Ten-Tec Paragon, Drake L-7 1200 Watts
Antenna: 80/40 Meter Parallel Dipole at 27',
         Dentron Super Super Tuner
CPU: P-133 Trlog 6.50 w/SBDVP

Spent the first 2 hours trying to "improve" my
antenna. Managed to screw up the SWR on 10 meters
and create RF feedback on 40 meters. Once
underway my SS effort was fairly casual as I had
my jaw broken and reset on Nov 6th as part of
orthodontic treatment. Despite lots of drooling,
I managed to belt out a few CQs and make a couple
of QSOs between the long naps and the Leonids
meteor shower (drove up to Mount Gleason Saturday
night/Sunday morning to catch the fireworks).
Heard all 80 sections, but couldn't hook up with
VE9, VO1, or VE2 for the sweep. Made my goal of
1000 Combined Phone/CW SS QSOs. Hope to have full
use of my big mouth next year.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com