[3830] ARRL SS SSB WA4PGM SOA QRP

Kyle Chavis wa4pgm at hovac.com
Mon Nov 19 16:03:06 EST 2001

324/78 = 51324
12 hours, missed NL & QC  :(
Yaesu 990
TH6, 80/40 dipoles

Soapbox:
Very busy weekend, SS, Honey Do, Leonids, 6m open to EU, Call out most of
day Sunday. All in all sweepstakes has been a lot of fun to get back on the
air after a long off time. I flew to St. Louis to see family and to play in
the cw contest, THANKS to K0RAY, KA0GGI, and N0BDS for all the SMC
hospitality. Then it was back home to get ready for the SSB contest, coax is
bad to almost everything! Replaced feed lines on 80/40 dipoles and cleaned
up PL259 on TH6, now at least I have something to play with. After several
years of not contesting SSB still sucks, I will be looking into a DVK before
many more. Oh well, plenty to think about to get the station ready before
next season, good to work a lot of old friends. Incredible signals on 28
mhz, being QRP I had the move bands a lot and managed to pick up good
multipliers early in the contest but really would have like to sweep ssb.
Next year for sure with a better station, good luck to all!
73,
Kyle

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com