[3830] ARRL SS SSB K8DX SO HP

k8dx at raex.com k8dx at raex.com
Mon Nov 19 16:49:05 EST 2001

                     ARRL Sweepstakes, SSB

Call: K8DX
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SO HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 21:12

   10:     35
-------------------------------
Total:   1505 x     80  =  240,800

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Not a serious effort from here this year.  Woke up Saturday morning at 3:30AM
to get things operational enough to run.  Spent the day with my 4.5 year old
son shopping for presents for his sisters birthday, and went out to eat at
Check-E-Cheese's, and avoided spending time with my wife and daughter who had
the flu.  Got home an hour before the contest, and after a short trip up one
of the towers, started turning everything on 20 minutes before the contest.

Ten meters sounded like the place to be so I decided to start there.  For some
reason I started getting RF into the WX0B Six Pak box, and the relays were
going crazy.  Decided that maybe a move to 15M was more in order, and the
same thing happened.  Later while CQ'ing on 20M, I found that I could S&P
on 10/15 if I only used less than 300W.  Really hurt not being able to run
there because of terrible amount of TVI also.

Didn't have any really big "hours" since I kept running upstairs to help the
XYL
with the kids, one sick, and one wired and wanting to go outside to enjoy our
70 degree, beautiful wx weekend. Writelog says 21:12 operated, but lots of 5-15
minute gaps in the log.  Spent almost all my offtimes Sunday playing baseball
with my son outside.

Looking forward to getting things back in shape after the lighting hit and
getting the 10/15M RFI fixed before CQWW.

73...Scott

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com