[3830] ARRL SS SSB N5RZ SO HP

rbowen at iglobal.net rbowen at iglobal.net
Mon Nov 19 21:26:27 EST 2001

                     ARRL Sweepstakes, SSB

Call: N5RZ
Operator(s): N5RZ
Station: N5RZ

Class: SO HP
QTH: WTX

  160:
   80:     18
-------------------------------
Total:   1961 x     80  =  313,760

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

A very interesting weekend -- and pretty tough on the Gator.  First time with a
voice keyer and two radios on phone. The 2-radio box K5KA built for me worked
great.  Thanks, Ken.

It was very hard to generate any rate anywhere.  I was "fresh meat" on 10M
Sunday, and only had two hours over 70.  In the past, I could generally count
on 100+ hours all day on Sunday on 10M.   Condx sounded good, but activity
seemed to be down. I never really felt loud on any band - maybe the old
tribanders are worn out!!

Had 79 sections before I left 15M Saturday evening, and K0GAS checked in from
CO on 20M for #80 at 0306Z. Thank You Connie!! Earliest sweep ever!  Last 4
sections for sweep were NNY, VE5, KS & CO. Worked 3-KP4's and at least four in
every other section.

Rigs:  a pair of TS850's, AL1200 & Alpha 99. 3 tribanders & dipoles on 40/80.

Congrats to K5TR who did an outstanding job from his VFB station to take the
division.  Ya'll watch out for this guy!!

And THANK YOU to everyone for the QSO's.

Happy Holidays to all.

73,  Gator

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com