[3830] ARRL SS SSB W9SMC(KB9UWU) SO HP

kb9uwu at yahoo.com kb9uwu at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 19 22:48:44 EST 2001

                     ARRL Sweepstakes, SSB

Call: W9SMC
Operator(s): KB9UWU
Station: K9CU

Class: SO HP
QTH: IL

-------------------------------
Total:   1080 x     79  =  170,640

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

fun contest!   was my first time single op in this one... all on my own.. fun
tho!

i missed NL!!!!!!!  guess i need to work on that one next time... not having a
rotor indicator made it harder...

had to leave 4-5 hours early sunday night.... had a history test today so
needed to get home, shower, study and sleep.... it turned into just sleep :)  i
got a A on the history test tho, so it all worked out

was fun using w9smc, sure was interesting some of the comments i got from
people...

equipment:
FT-920
Drake L4B (800-1000 watts)
TA-33 at 110' (to high for ss, duh.. also no indicator on the rotor.. so had to
go outside to see where it was, it worked tho)
40 meter flat top dipole at 80' ends n/s
80 meter inv v, apex at 80'

great contest!  amazing all the little pistles that come out of the woodwork
this weekend.... they make this contest!

oh yeah, im still a general. i know i know... i got out of radio over the
summer, but kept with contesting.. im planning on finally upgrading this
winter.  this above 3850 stuff is getting old!!!   i feel pretty good tho that
i got 1080 q's in 19 hours in the gen bands only!!  soon il be with u guys
below 3850 when im single op hehe

73, congrats to all!
matt
kb9uwu