[3830] ARRL SS SSB K6NA(N6ED) SO HP

N6ED at geocities.com N6ED at geocities.com
Tue Nov 20 20:57:47 EST 2001

                     ARRL Sweepstakes, SSB

Call: K6NA
Operator(s): N6ED
Station: K6NA

Class: SO HP
QTH: SDG

  160:      0
   80:     44
-------------------------------
Total:   2013 x     80  =  322,080

Club: SCCC

Comments:

Definately was the best I have done in years.  I have been active in SS
competitively for only 5 years now and I have a theory about a person's outcome
based on whether they have the "Force" with them or not.  The last 3 years, I
have not felt it going into the contest and it proved to be true based on my
resulting scores.  This year I felt something different going into the contest.
 I felt much more comfortable and I had amazing focus.  I have to believe that
the mental preparation and physical rest paid off big, of course with help from
the "Force".  :-)

I also have to thank the Gator N5RZ, K6LL, K4XS, W0SD, and VE7CC among a few
others for keeping it a tight race.  If running neck to neck with these guys
ain't motivation, I don't know what is!!

Also, thanks to Glenn's family for putting up with me screaming "89 San
Diego!!" about 3 million times this weekend.  I don't know how they do it :)
It is always great to exercise the hardware at K6NA.

One of these days, I will figure out this 2 radio stuff to help my score a
little more as well.  I have been a 1-radio kind of guy for way too long.

Thanks to everyone for the Q's!!
See you in the next one,

73 de Craig N6ED

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com