[3830] CQWW CW K8AJS SOAB(A) LP

jbastin at sssnet.com jbastin at sssnet.com
Sun Nov 25 21:53:28 EST 2001

                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K8AJS
Operator(s): K8AJS
Station: K8AJS

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Wooster, OH

  160:      0      0      0
   80:      2      2      2
   40:     41      9     30
   20:    185     26     79
   15:    182     26     92
   10:    196     29     99
-------------------------------
Total:    606     92    302  =  678,468

Club/Team: Wayne Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

Conditions for most of the weekend were not so good; made a person want to give
up and go watch TV. Sunday, though, was a different story, and made the whole
thing worthwhile.

Did anyone go out Friday night/Saturday AM and look for aurora? The A index
(311 at one point) and K index (topped out at the limit of 9) numbers between
0600z and 0800z Saturday should have produced some good displays. I don't know;
I had given up and gone to bed...:-)

 I spent the last 40 minutes on ten meters trying to get the 100th country on
that band; unfortunately it wasn't to be, because the whole world seemed to be
there with me, and I just couldn't punch my 100w signal through the pile.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com