[3830] CQWW CW K0RF M/M HP

k6rf at aol.com k6rf at aol.com
Sun Nov 25 22:33:13 EST 2001

                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K0RF
Operator(s): W0UA, N4VI, K0EU, AE0Q, W1XE, W0RTT, AA0RS, KF0U, N0HF, WV7U, K0RF
Station: K0RF

Class: M/M HP
QTH: CO

  160:     99     11     19
   80:    262     26     65
   40:    715     36    119
   20:    913     39    135
   15:   1064     37    133
   10:   1130     37    131
-------------------------------
Total:   4183    186    602  =  9,000,000

Club/Team:

Comments:

Talk about poor condx.  The first night no Europe on 160, 80 and only a few on
forty.  Then Saturday AM came and we had no condx to Eu on 10 or 15.  Our first
few hours to JA were quite good and it seemed like maybe we would have a shot
at beating last year.  As it turned out we ended up down more than 1/3 from
last year.  I can't remember the low bands being worse with a combination of
QRN and very poor signals.
	That said, we had a good time and tried our best for the whole test.  I was
amazed at the positive attitude of the whole crew in the face of the
disappointing propagation.
	Well, maybe the flux will hold up for one more try at the 0-land record next
year.

73, Chuck

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com