[3830] CQWW CW KQ3F SOAB(A) HP

joe at microserve.net joe at microserve.net
Mon Nov 26 04:15:16 EST 2001

                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KQ3F
Operator(s): KQ3F
Station: KQ3F

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: PA

  160:      5      3      3
   80:     51      8     37
   40:    412     28     94
   20:    608     31    101
   15:    420     30    107
   10:    552     29     99
-------------------------------
Total:   2048    129    441  =  3,388,080

Club/Team: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Equipment Description:

Usual stuff, IC-765/SB-220, TH7DX at 55', 2 el. 40m beam at 63',
80m Inverted Vee (also used on 160).

First, I'd like to thank my brother Steve, KC3WX, without whom these
points don't get made.  He won't show up in any magazine score listings,
didn't actually "operate" the equipment, but his technical guruism
enabled me to do whatever it was I did.

Really put myself in a bad mood when I saw the K index go to 9, which
I think is as bad as it gets. No matter how I tried on Saturday I
couldn't work EU with the beam actually pointed on EU (more like South
Africa) on 10 and 15.  Had a good EU run on 20 on Saturday with the
beam actually pointed to EU!.

Basically, Friday evening into Saturday early AM - OK
Sunday - Fantastic!!
Everything in between.......FEH!!!!!

Club Affiliation: Frankford Radio Club

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com