[3830] CQWW CW N2CU SOSB/15 LP

n2cu at arrl.net n2cu at arrl.net
Mon Nov 26 08:35:50 EST 2001

                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N2CU
Operator(s): N2CU
Station: N2CU

Class: SOSB/15 LP
QTH: WNY

   15:    440     30     97
   10:
-------------------------------
Total:    440     30     97  =  161,290

Club/Team: WNYDXA

Comments:

I just can't operate 48 hour contests anymore, especially all banders with poor
antennas like I have. So I decided to try single band 15m and low power. With
conditions the way they were on Saturday, I'm glad I didn't invest the time in
low band stuff. Making QSO's was worse than pulling teeth. Nothing was coming
in here in the far west of NY. Beam headings for JA were SW instead of NW,
Europe was non-existent, and if I did hear a station he was usually at 90+
degrees instead of 45. I did hear other stations from WNY (about 100 miles
East) working guys I couldn't even detect.

Sunday was quite a change. Relatively good conditions and plenty of Europe.
Only heard one station that I couldn't work; EP3PTT was calling CQ with no-one
answering. I tried a number of times, but no luck. Never did hear anyone answer
his CQ. Same thing for 9M2TO late in the test. But, I did manage to snag him.

Single band was the correct choice. I still got to do stuff with the family and
go to church. The wife was happy. 'Nuf said.

FT1000MP, TH6DXX 50', TR Log.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com