[3830] CQWW CW N3RS M/S HP

n3rs at snip.net n3rs at snip.net
Mon Nov 26 10:04:52 EST 2001

                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N3RS
Operator(s): N3RS, N3ED, W8FJ, N2SR
Station: N3RS

Class: M/S HP
QTH: PA

  160:     25     11     24
   80:    139     21     78
   40:   1004     34    115
   20:    806     39    135
   15:    843     35    133
   10:    889     34    130
-------------------------------
Total:   3706    174    615  =  8,411,529

Club/Team: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Quite a contest!  Really slow on Saturday, but picked up nicely on Sunday when
the K index dropped to 2.  My thanks to Ed, John & Tom for their FB efforts.
We managed to keep 2 stations manned for almost the entire contest, with 4
manned at peak hours.  We also had a 20M rotor stick south on Saturday evening.
 Tom and Ed went out to look and Tom climbed to the 117 foot level to remove an
obstruction from the gears of the TIC ring.  We finally fixed it in time for
the morning rush.  A first for us was losing an amp due to blown fuses.  Never
did figure out what caused that.  It worked FB after replacing the fuses.  Just
missed getting clobbered by a severe T-shower that did lots of damage in a
nearby community.  We still use CT939, which has proven to be stable for years
now.

Best 73's to all,

de Sig

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com