[3830] CQWW CW K5IID SOAB LP

k5iid at ntelos.net k5iid at ntelos.net
Tue Nov 27 01:21:17 EST 2001

                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K5IID
Operator(s): K5IID
Station: K5IID

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): ~15

  160:      3      2      2
   80:     15      6     10
   40:     79     11     32
   20:    198     26     80
   15:    196     23     74
   10:    196     23     74
-------------------------------
Total:    687     91    272  =  690,789

Club/Team: MAD RIVER RADIO CLUB

Comments:

Wow, Murph really showed his ugly face.

The first night my rotator quit with the antenna pointed ESE. Tha direction
from WV is not good for contesting. Anyway I tried to do some stuff early
Saturday morning, and getting nowhere, I assumed it was the antenna direction.
Had I been thinking, I would have checked the Propagation and I may have
done things differently. I quit early Saturday.

Saturday night, I decided to look on 40 and 80. Right about midnight local
time, the power went out for over two hours.I quit again and went to bed.

 Sunday morning I listened and the whole world was LOUD on 10. I called a few
stations and they answered first call so I got back in the contest.

 I have decided tha the sweetest sound in the world is hearing "K5IID de XXXXX"
at 40+ wpm and being able to copy it!

 I can remember the days when I was far too timid to really get into a big CW
contest, ARRL DX,WW,SS, WPX...etc, but now I love them.
Long live CW!!!!!!!!

73, Tom  K5IID

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com