[3830] CQWW CW K8GL SOAB HP

gsurma at wnem.com gsurma at wnem.com
Wed Nov 28 10:00:40 EST 2001

                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K8GL
Operator(s): K8GL
Station: K8GL

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MI

  160:     12      6      5
   80:     55     14     39
   40:    213     24     75
   20:    528     38    109
   15:    450     29     93
   10:    556     30     99
-------------------------------
Total:   1814    141    420  =  2,925,615

Club/Team: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Yow!  Who pulled the plug?  Had 2 out of 3 amps give me problems, meaning only
500 watts out on 40,20 and 10.  Stopped for an hour to chase parasitics in one
of them (LK500ZB) and stopped for an hour for electrical storm (Mother Nature).

But..the show goes on.  Hats off to Pat N9RV (at W9RE) for another outstanding
effort, and a tip of the hat to all the expeditions and "standard" operations
(GM7V; RW2F; RU1A; OH2U etc etc) who provide multi-band excitement year after
year.

Packet piles are interesting....the "beehive" of stations calling gives away to
us non-packet types (yes....even us passionate packet-haters) the fact that
there is a good one tucked away under the bedlam.  Tuning the band in the
"wide" filter position is an easy (and ethical!) way to figure our activity
from rare points.    Plus...more and more DX becomes "packet shy" and choose to
S&P us humble W8-types rather than suffer the aggravation of a packet-generated
pileup.

Submissions:              3830 at contesting.com
Administrative requests:  3830-REQUEST at contesting.com
Problems:                 owner-3830 at contesting.com